Name: Uri Shani Address: Hahatzav 24, Kiryat Tiv’on 36531, Israel
Phone: +972-77-5401178 +972-52-3317154 e-mail: email@example.com
I was born 1966 in Zurich, Switzerland
– Between 1982-1984 I was actor in the youth Theater of the High school
- Between 1986 and 1988 I served my duty in the Israeli Army.
- In 1988/1989 I leaded a jewish-arab youth group in Beer-Sheva, in connection with the youth movement “Reut-Sadaka”.
- Between 1989 and 1992 I studied teaching and directing Theater in the Seminar Hakibbutzim college in Tel-Aviv.
- In 1994/1995 I lived and studied Arabic in Cairo.
- I’m married with Michal Shani and we have one child, Midian.
- In 2000-2002 I completed my B.ed. at Seminar Hakubuzzim
- From 2002 till 2008 I lead the “NEMASHIM”-project, now I lead the group of alumnis and make Forumtheater.
- In September 2004 I travelled Germany for a teaching tour in Forumtheater.
- In 2008 I
- In 1985, after highschool and after a mission in the youth movement “Hashomer Hatzair”, I emigrated to Kibbutz Magen in southern Israel.
- finished my M.A. at Haifa University.
I directed more than 20 plays, among them:
“Shelley” (an adaptation of “Ontological Proof of my Existance” by J.C.Oates) in Acco Festival 1992
- “The lesson” (Ionesco), 1992
- “What a wonderful youth” a Revue, Netanya 1993
- “Shabat laundry” (Sinai Peter), Bet-Shemesh with a group of Theatrical Service Year, 1993
- “The Caucasian Chalk circle” (Brecht), Bet-Shemesh, 1994
- “A report to the academy” (Kafka), Kairo 1995
- “Say me that you love me” (after R.D.Laing), Bet Zvi, 1995
- “Once upon a time”, (Uri Shani), Nurit Katzir center, Jerusalem, 2000
- “Let’s cooperate” a Forum theatre play, Acitivism Festival, 2003 and 2005
- “The night of independence of Mr. Shefi”, Yaffa, 2006
- “SHATOF”, 2007
- “Memories from the return to Haifa” (an adaptation of the novel by Gh. Kanafani)
- "The Clowns' break" (by Noureddine Aba) Al-Midan Festival 2008
- "Playing for Time" (adapted from Fania Fenelon) Hadera, 2009
I tought in several high-schools, at the Haifa University, at Seminar Hakibbutzim, at several drama schools, and since 2012 at the Open University.
I worked as a drama–therapist in
“Arazim” school, 1993
“Beit Hayeled”, orphan house, 1993
- In the first Israeli Playback group, since 1992, under the direction of Yehuda Bergman
- The composer in “On five balconies”, Seminar Hakibutzim, 1990
- The king Ah’av in “EAT” (Y. Shabtay), 2002
- Arik in "Ela Hayay"
- Many many more….
- “Kassandra”, Variation on a tragic theme, 1995
- “A holy place”, (together with Burhan Sharaideh), 1998
- “Einat”, based on a short story by Dorit Ben-Tovim,1999
- “Once upon a time”, 1999-2000, based on three chapters of the Old Testament
- “Dir Yassin (Tikkun)”, 2004
- “Tom and Teissir”, 2006
- "The horse of the Mahdi, 2011
- Some short stories
I speak, read and write in Hebrew, German, English, French, Arabic, and translated plays from and to these languages.
I guided theater workshops in several frameworks
I produced plays in Seminar Hakibutzim and in Different high schools.